All the interns plus a few extras
My small group Bible study for the week
Looking up at the atrium in the eMi Colorado Springs Office
Sunrise on Pikes Peak
Rock climbing team building activitySo much happened this week. Briefly, it was an amazing time of growing in the Lord, meeting new people, and getting prepared for the next several months. All the EMI interns (from all the different offices) were gathered together at a retreat type place called the Hideaway just north of Colorado Springs.
As I reflect on the past week, several things resound.
1. Blessing: I am incredibly blessed to have this opportunity to serve with such a phenomenal group of believers and such a fantastic organization. The first evening was dedicated to hearing and discussing the history and vision of EMI. It was so faith-building to hear how God had worked in the lives of the EMI staff and board members to bring them and the ministry to where it is today. Later on in the week, as we went around the room sharing our own stories, I had to marvel at God's sovereign hand at work in people's lives. Then, as I looked back at my own life, I thought it was so cool how God had brought me to the place where I was right then, sitting in a room filled with people of all different backgrounds but one thing in common - a calling to serve Jesus Christ (well, I guess we had a few other things in common like most of us were engineers, and we were all serving with EMI).
2. Relationship: As I mentioned, our group had quite a diversity of backgrounds, but to witness the immediate bond that united us was such a powerful testimony of the body of Christ. I felt like we had been best friends our whole life after just being together for 6 days.
3. Confirmation: This whole week has been a continuous confirmation that God has directed me to do what I'm preparing to do. Through times of prayer, meditation, worship, teaching, and fellowship, the Lord has erased any doubt about my calling to go to Uganda. I must remember though, that "our first calling is to someone, not something or somewhere. We are called to the person of God."
Praise the Lord for answering my first prayer request about preparation - I feel that the past week has done just that. However, another thing He has taught me is that spiritual challenges need more that advanced preparation, we must be armed for battle moment by moment (Eph 6:10-12).
Our flight departs for Uganda Monday, so thanks for your prayers!
2 comments:
Glad your week went so well - enjoyed the pictures. Praying you arrive safely in Uganda. Looking forward to following your work over there. May God keep you in His care as you do His work over there. Love and prayers, Jim and Marge
I miss you and the gang already. More updates, my brother!
Post a Comment