I know this is going to be so predictable, but can I say it anyway? Time flies. I only have one week left here in
I spent my final week in Bukaleba managing the water pipeline trench digging operation. It’s more or less finished, so I’m very thankful for that. Other good news is that I managed to avoid starving the workforce this time around. There is still one team working on the site leveling project, so I was checking in on them periodically also. Hence, it was a busy week, but a good one altogether.
So, a few weeks ago I think I mentioned that I've been spending some time with some Bible Training students who are trying to earn a little cash during their brake from school. Last week I had the privilege of joining them for their evening devotions which they do together every night. My participation with them has caused me to think about is how much stock we put in heaven. This experience has been a confirmation to what I gathered from intuition and also a Christian History class I took last year: in general, the stock we place in heaven varies inversely with our affluence on earth. These guys seem to have a much stronger longing and hope for our eternal home. They seem to have a better grasp on the brevity of life here on earth, and consequently have less attachment to it. Their possessions here on earth may be little, but I know (and they know) that they've got a priceless inheritance in heaven.
1Pe 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, [...]
No comments:
Post a Comment